I am not exactly a night person. After the mini-mes have been tucked in, I find gravity has a great way of pulling me to the couch, remote in hand and ultra-healthy chocolate snack nearby. (I’m sure it is purely coincidental that my mid-girth pudge level thickens as the new TV season begins.) And what draws me in? Here’s the top 10, for now;
10. So You Think You Can Dance – Both the Canadian and American versions offer much entertainment. I get a little tired of all the chatter and voting silliness but love to watch the dancers.
9. Hawaii 5-0 – A new-ish take on the classic show. Not too bad! I like it and it is something I can watch with my husband at the same time without him bolting away for more “manly” shows.
8. Grey’s Anatomy – My medi-soap fix. A great one to watch with girlfriends and chardonnay… or in my case, stuffed animals, a cat and some flat beverage from the back of the fridge.
7. Ace of Cakes – I’m sure I could whip up one of these creations if I only applied myself.
6. How I Met Your Mother – Getting a little old now but it still has its funny moments. Barney is great and you gotta love Lily.
5. Amazing Race – My armchair traveller fix. It’s kind of a guilty pleasure, watching couples bitch at each other as they embarrass themselves in various countries around the world. Hardly rocket-science but it fills my Sunday evening void.
4. Glee – Great for my closet inner-diva. This would be one of the shows from which my husband runs away. I have no idea why.
3. Rick Mercer Report – Cleaver and funny. Great for my Canadian content, eh?!
2. Big Bang Theory! – Definitely a favourite. Sheldon is awesome with the best written character EVER. *Bazinga!*
1. Modern Family - Every character is amazing in this one. I have to adhere to a no drinking and watching policy on this show lest I spray beverage everywhere.
So what’s on your top 10? Anything you can’t live without? Do share.