Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Checking One Off My Bucket List

Yep, I'm taking the leap. Well, not really a "leap" - that would be insane. But I am going up, up and away. I've got two tickets for a champagne hot air balloon ride over our beautiful nation's capital to be used this summer.


For some reason, the thought of taking a hot air balloon ride has always been fascinating to me. I love the idea of seeing the world from a different perspective, being in that big blue sky and silently gliding over the little ant-people below. Of course I'm a little afraid of heights but it is more the falling thing that is an issue for me. These balloons are very safe (don't tell me otherwise) and there will be a competent pilot there to blame if it all goes wrong.


The opportunity arose on the weekend while I volunteered for a Children At Risk dance event. This organization has been wonderful for our family and I was happy to give back. There was a silent auction and the hot air balloon ride thing was calling my name. Much better than the Princess Diana doll or the Molson's beer fridge items really.


So, here I go! I'll pick some nice day, grab my husband (who previously said he would never do such a thing but is now on the fence about it) or my sister (who is up for anything, anytime) and go for it. I'll post the pics if I make it back alive.


Is there anything on your bucket list that you would like to fulfill this year? Have you done anything in the past that is bucket list-ish? How'd that go? I'd love to hear.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. What a splendid idea. Sign me up for last resort person if your other two bail. Being drunk in a balloon high above the ground -- what could go wrong? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I haven't really thought about my bucket list but hot air ballooning would be on it - even though I would be terrified. So put me on your list of backups :-)

    I responded to the Honest Scrap award so see my blog - in one of them I refer to some things I want to do/learn.

    ReplyDelete