- Sitting by the fireplace. It's gas which lacks some of the charm from the wood burning type, but it is convenient and warm. I put in on most evenings and curl up nearby.
- Sipping hot coffee. OK, so I do this year-round but it brings even more comfort in the chilly weather. The trick is to cut myself off after 5 cups or so, which doesn't always happen.
- Home made squash-apple soup. Yum! This stuff warms me inside and out with the flavour and smell. A definite cold weather staple.
- Fuzzy socks. My popsicle toes appreciate the comfort and it makes me smile.
- Warm thoughts of hotter times. Las Vegas, Caribbean, cottages, summer... plenty of memories to keep me smiling and remembering the times I felt too hot.
So bring it on winter! I'm ready for you! ... sort of. I'd better find my boots, Where's my toque? Do I really have to shovel that?