Sunday, August 8, 2010

Anniversary

I am not the same person whom he married 18 years ago.  I was a young thing, just out of University.  The pounds have packed on, the face is aging and I’m not as energetic.  Luckily, neither is he.  I’ve known Steve for more years than I haven’t known him now.  We have been through all sort of good, bad and ugly moments together.  And we have come out the stronger for it. 

wedding

So today, I am blessed to say I am celebrating 18 years of marriage to my best friend.  We are not the same people but better.  (I was going to say something about a fine aged wine but refrained.  Aren’t you glad I still have some self-control?)

3 comments:

  1. Wow - look at you guys!!! I think you look stunningly similar to that girl in the wedding dress - the years have been so kind to you. Glad you two are still going so strong. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how adorable you two are! Congratulations on 18 years...happy happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Happy Anniversary:)

    ReplyDelete